Finding Your Academic Advisor
New students to Durham Tech will learn about the advising process during the ConnectSession, new student orientation. After submitting your enrollment application and receiving you Durham Tech student ID number,you should reserve a spot in an upcoming ConnectSession. After attending a ConnectSession, meet with an academic advisor during drop-in hours.
Tips for New Students:
- Start the enrollment process early to avoid lengthy wait times during busy Drop-in Advising periods and to gain access to a wider selection of course options.
- The academic advisors in Advising Services are trained to assist you with your transition to Durham Tech and course selection for your first semester. They will share information with you about Durham Tech’s programs, resources, and services for students.
- Our advisors are here to help, so be sure to ask questions!
New students transferring in 12 or more college-level credits are exempt from a ConnectSession. These students may schedule an online advising appointment or attend drop-in hours in Advising Services in the Phail Wynn, Jr. Student Services Center (Building 10), room 10-200 or at the Durham Tech Orange County Campus.
Advising services are available for visiting students through online advising or during drop-in hours in Advising Services in the Phail Wynn, Jr. Student Services Center (Building 10), room 10-200 or at Orange County Campus.
How to find Your Assigned Academic Advisor in Self-Service
- Log in to Self-Service using your Durham Tech username and password.
- Click on Student Planning.
- Click on Plan Your Degree & Register for Classes.
- If you have an assigned advisor, you'll find your advisor's name under the Advising tab.
- Right-click on the name to copy your new advisor's email address into an email.
- If no advisor is listed under the Advising tab, visit the Advising Services office on Main Campus or visit an advisor at the Orange County Campus.