Credit by Exam Information for HIT 211 and HIT 214
- HIT 211 ICD Coding is offered in the fall semester only
- HIT 214 CPT/Other Coding Systems is offered in the spring semester only
Students must meet eligibility requirements. To complete the exam, students must set up an appointment with the program director, Jessica Vaughan.
Eligibility requirements are the following:
- Student must be enrolled in the HIT program AND
- Student must have any of the following credential: Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), Certified Coding Specialist- Physician Based (CCS-P), Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- OR student must have two or more years of coding experience
Note: Current credentials and/or proof of work experience must be provided.