Dialysis Technician Continuing Education Program
Prerequisites and Requirements:
These items are not covered in the course fee
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Influenza vaccine (if during the flu season)
- Proof of the following immunizations are due at the time of registration: two doses or positive titer for MMR, Varicella; T/dap; Hep B series; Influenza/Flu (exempt for summer term only); and TB (annual TB test).
- Criminal background check and drug screening which will be administered by Castle Branch at a cost of approximately $97. Do not do this on your own. Information will be provided at orientation once a student registers for a class.
- CPR class, textbook, and testing ($30). The textbook may be purchased or borrowed from the Durham Tech Library. Register for the class at Duke Street North or Orange County Campus. The class will be held at the Orange County Campus.
- Hunter green scrubs (tops and bottoms) and puncture resistant, closed toe shoes or sneaker (all white or all black)
- Goggles or face shield, Math calculator, Watch with a second hand, Blood pressure cuff and stethoscope, and Notebook and pens
- Textbook (required for the first day of class): Core Curriculum for the Dialysis Technician, 6th edition. ISBN 9781937886059
National Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician Exam
Graduates who have worked as a hemodialysis technician for 6 months and/or 1,000 hours, may apply to take the certification exam. Graduates are required to provide their supervisor’s signature and the name of the facility they are employed by. The Durham Tech Dialysis Technician clinical course hours count towards the required hours worked.
The registration deadline is 5 days prior to the class start date. This course qualifies for financial assistance and the grant deadline is 10 days prior to the class start date.
Note: Since prerequisite documentation is required at the time of registration, online registration is not available. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis based on having all the prerequisite documentation at the time of registration.
If you have questions or need more information, email email@example.com.