EKG Technician and Monitoring Continuing Education
Prerequisites and Requirements
These items are not covered in the course fee
- Proof of High School Diploma or high school equivalency
- Proof of the following immunizations are due at the time of registration: (two doses or positive titer MMR, Varicella; T/dap; Hep B series; Influenza/Flu (exempt for summer term only); and TB (annual TB test).
- Hunter green scrubs (tops and bottoms) and puncture resistant, closed toe shoes or sneaker (all white or all black)
- Criminal background check and drug screening which will be administered by Castle Branch at a cost of approximately $97. Do not do this on your own. Information will be provided at orientation once a student registers for a class.
- CPR class, textbook, and testing ($30). The textbook may be purchased or borrowed from the Durham Tech Library. Register for the class at Duke Street North or Orange County Campus. The class will be held at the Orange County Campus.
- Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be eligible to sit for the National Healthcare Association examination ($117) to become a certified EKG technician.
Students qualify for a free GoPass (bus pass) while taking this course.
New! Introduction to Cardiovascular Technician
Build your skills further with this 324-hour hybrid course is designed to prepare the student to become a certified Certified Cardiovascular Technologist (CCT) through Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI). Prerequisite: ICV-3111B: EKG Technician and Monitoring-Hybrid. View more information about Introduction to Cardiovascular Technician.
The registration deadline is 5 days prior to the class start date. This course qualifies for financial assistance and the grant deadline is 10 days prior to the class start date.
Note: Since prerequisite documentation is required at the time of registration, online registration is not available. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis based on having all the prerequisite documentation at the time of registration.
If you have questions or need more information, email email@example.com.