Refresher courses are for EMTs or paramedics currently credentialed in North Carolina and/or by National Registry. State approved transition course will provide the necessary content to transition to another level of certification.
- Medical Responder to and Emergency Medical Responder
- Paramedic to Paramedic Transition
There are prerequisites that are necessary for admission into the EMS Education program. These prerequisites are essential for compliance with the Durham Tech EMS Education Plan approved by the North Carolina Office of EMS (NCOEMS) and NCOEMS pre/corequisite guidelines: NCOEMS Credentialing and Compliance Requirements. All prerequisites MUST be completed AND approved prior to enrolling in any EMS Refresher course.
- Currently holds a valid NC, NREMT, or other state credential.
- Hold a basic level NC EMS credential that has expired within the last two years.
AEMT and Paramedic Refresher*
- Currently holds a valid NC, NREMT, or other state credential (AEMT or Paramedic ).
- Hold an advanced level NC EMS credential (AEMT or Paramedic) that has expired within the last four years
EMS Extension Services
919-536-7200, ext. 4205
Leah Tilden, Coordinator
Judy Graham, Program Specialist
Note: Online registration is not available. Please use the Emergency Medical Services Registration form and submit the completed form with payment to the address listed on the form.