Information Technologies (IT) Credit by Exam
If you are interested in taking a credit by exam, you must register for the course, be enrolled in a curriculum program and not have exceeded the hours allowed for credit by exam.
Credit by exam for CIS 110 and CTI 110 is offered at the beginning of each semester. Credit by exam applications are available from your instructor. After completing the application, take it to the Student Information and Records Office, Wynn 10-201. They will verify your eligibility to take the exam, sign and stamp the bottom left portion of the application, and hand it back to you. Bring the completed, approved application with you to one of the exam times. If the form is not completed, you will not be permitted to take the exam.
Credit by Exam for CIS 110, CTI 110 and WEB 110 for Spring Semester 2020 is scheduled for:
- Thursday, January 16, noon – 2 p.m., GlaxoSmithKline Tech Center (Building 9), room 9-227
- Thursday, January 16, 6 – 8 p.m., GlaxoSmithKline Tech Center (Building 9), room 9-227
- Friday, January 17, noon – 2 p.m., GlaxoSmithKline Tech Center (Building 9), room 9-227
Be on time for the exam. The exam is not drop in, so if you arrive late, you will not be able to take it. Once the exams begins, you will not be allowed to leave the exam until it is completed. Credit by exam can only be taken once for a course. If you wish to take credit by exam for multiple courses, you must take one exam per exam time.
You will need a score of 85 to receive credit by exam. The credit by exam requires a pre-test upon which you must score 85 or higher to be eligible to take the official credit by exam (post-test). The pre-test and post-test are administered back-to-back in the same testing session. The exams are computer-based and will be graded automatically upon submission. You will know when you leave the exam session if you have passed the credit by exam.
If you pass the credit by exam, you will receive a grade of CE (credit by exam) for the course. If you pass the exam, the instructor for the section you are taking will be notified that you are to receive the grade of “CE”. If you pass the exam, do not drop the course. You need to remain on the roster to receive credit for the course.
You should not attempt the credit by exam if you are a:
- A student graduating with a CE as part of the 60 University Transfer program hours because it is not covered by the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (CAA).
- Veteran receiving benefits since the VA deducts the hours a student is not attending class, thereby reducing or eliminating benefits.