Alert: Durham Tech classes that have shifted to remote instruction will resume Monday, March 30. In-person classes that have not been transitioned to online are suspended until further notice. All campuses and locations remain limited only to essential personnel or persons authorized by the College administration to be present on campus, due to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Invest in your future with a degree, diploma, or certificate from Durham Tech. Explore the links below to learn about the financial aid opportunities available to you and your responsibilities through the process.
All students are encouraged to apply for aid. Students are required to meet the following:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The Durham Tech school code is 005448.
- Have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
- Admitted to an eligible program of study at Durham Tech
- Are a current US citizen or current eligible non-citizen
- Have a valid Social Security Number
- Registered with the Selective Service, if required
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress at Durham Tech
- Not currently in default on a federal student loan and/or does not owe money on a federal student grant
View the steps for applying for financial aid.
Next Steps After Submitting the FAFSA Application
Once the FAFSA application has been successfully submitted, the Financial Aid office will enter your information within 7-10 business days to begin the financial aid review process. If the Financial Aid office requires additional documentation from students or if the financial aid award is ready for review, students will be notified via email to check their Self-Service account.
In compliance with federal requirements, Durham Tech provides information on campus security and safety measures and statistics.