The College is in Phase Two of transitioning college operations back to our campuses. Campuses will not be open to walk-in students or visitors.
Assistance with testing accommodations is provided to instructors who cannot provide the accommodation of the extended time and/or distraction-reduced environment because of scheduling conflicts. Students who are approved for testing accommodation are expected to discuss how this accommodation will be provided when they submit their Accommodation Plans to their instructors.
If an instructor cannot provide the student with testing accommodations, the student should follow the steps below:
- Schedule the test with Accessibility Services at least five business days in advance by emailing an Accessibility Services staff member directly. The student will have to provide his or her name, the instructor’s name, the course name, and the desired date and time of the test. Accessibility Services will notify the instructor of the appointment by email and place the student on the testing calendar to reserve a space.
- All tests should be scheduled at the same time of the in-class test or as close to that time as possible. If a request to take a test is at a different time from the class, the student will need to discuss it with the instructor prior to scheduling the test.
- If the student wishes to change the test time or reschedule a missed test, he or she will need contact the instructor for approval. Test times will only be rescheduled by Accessibility Services at the direction of the instructor.
- If the student arrives late for a test time, the test will be administered when a Accessibility Services staff member becomes available, and the time missed will be forfeited.
- Only the test, pencils/pens, and scratch paper are allowed in the testing room unless specified on the Exam Information form. Items not normally allowed include cell phones, graphic calculators, notes, and food/drinks. Accessibility Services staff are not liable for valuables in case of theft or damage.
- The student is expected to use the restroom prior to starting the test and take needed breaks in the testing room. Breaks are only allowed if the instructor indicates it on the Exam Information form.
- Students receiving accommodations are bound by the Academic Integrity and Plagiarism policy that applies to all Durham Tech students. The instructor will be notified if a student is found breaking the Academic Integrity and Plagiarism policy while testing with Accessibility Services.