Add or Withdraw from a Course
How to register
Registration for curriculum (credit) courses can be done through Self-Service. Please note that the platform is unavailable from 1 to 1:10 a.m. for daily maintenance and Friday from 6 to 8 a.m. for weekly maintenance.
- Log in to Self-Service. The username is your last name, first initial of first name, and last four digits of your Durham Tech ID number; if your last name is long, use just the first 15 characters. This username and password is the same one you will use for ConnectMail and WebAdvisor.
- Locate the Course Catalog. If you have trouble finding it, click on the graduation cap in the left sidebar, and it will drop down under Academics.
- Search for the course you wish to register for. This can be done through the Subject Search or Advanced Search tabs or the Search for courses search bar in the top right corner.
- Once you have found the class, click on the View Available Sections button under the course's description. Click on the Add Section to Schedule button in the upper right corner.
- When you have added all your classes, you can view your schedule by clicking the Student Planning tab in horizontal bar under the Durham Tech logo and then the Plan and Schedule option.
- Double-check to make sure you are viewing the correct semester. To change the semester, click on the arrows, with the right arrow moving you to the latest semester.
- To submit, click the Register Now button.
Continuing Education (noncredit) students can register and pay for courses through WebAdvisor unless the course requires prerequisites.
- After you have logged in, click the Students tab to begin.
- Under Registration, which is beneath the User Account menu, click Register and Pay for Continuing Education Classes.
- Search for your class using the available fields. If you do not know the class information such as its name and course code number, it can be found on the Durham Tech Programs page by selecting Continuing Education in the I'm Interested in dropdown menu. Or simply type in the name of the course in the search field.
- If your search is successful, a Select Classes window will appear in WebAdvisor. Click on the box next to the course title, and click the Submit button.
- You may fill out the information in the optional Additional Registration Info window. Select the Submit button to move to the payment window.
- If you have decided not to register for the class, check the Remove box in the right square of the course description bar. If you would like to proceed, find the Choose one of the following menu underneath the course's description. The menu will allow you to register and check out, search for additional classes, and recalculate your total amount. Once you have picked an option, choose your payment type, and click OK.
- If you've chosen to go ahead and register, you will be taken to another window to pay. If you've chosen to search for more classes, you will be taken back to the window in Step 3 and be made to repeat the steps until you have completed your selection. If you've chosen to recalculate total amount, the window will refresh.
How to withdraw
Withdrawing from curriculum (credit) courses by completing an electronic withdrawal form. Students can use their Self-Service information to log in to the system.
- To begin, go to eforms.durhamtech.edu.
- Locate the SIR-Student Withdrawal Form option in the document library. Click on Student Withdrawal.
- Fill out the form.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to send it. Make sure Route-Inbox, Student Info Records is selected in the dropdown menu next to the Send button.
- To ensure the document was submitted or to see if any comments have been made to the document, click on the left manila folder in the icon bar in the top left corner.
Submissions take three to five days to process.
To withdraw from a Continuing Education (noncredit) course, fill out the Continuing Education Course Withdrawal/Request for Refund form and return to an official college representative.
How soon you withdraw from a class will determine your final grade and the amount of your refund.
- Students may officially drop one or all courses prior to the 75 percent tuition refund deadline of each semester without the enrollment being shown on the transcript. Read more information about Student Withdrawals, Faculty Withdrawals, and Class Absences.
- The last date for students to withdraw with a refund, the last date to initiate a withdrawal with a grade of W, and more information can be found in the Withdrawal and Refund Deadlines section of the website.
- If the course is an irregular length, students should be able to find the last day they can withdraw with a grade of W on their instructor's syllabus.
- Students needing to withdraw from all of their credit courses past the deadlines due to medical reasons can call 919-536-7207, ext. 1413, or visit the Student Withdrawals, Faculty Withdrawals, and Class Absences section of the College Catalog.
- Military students needing to withdraw due to being called to active military duty can find more information in the Class Absences policy.