Automotive Continuing Education courses include Automotive Safety Inspection, On-Board Diagnostics (OBD) II Automotive Emissions, and Vehicle Escort Driver Certification.
Automotive Safety Inspection and On-Board Diagnostics (OBD) II Automotive Emissions are offered for experienced mechanics and other trained technicians and requires that students have basic knowledge of vehicle systems.
Must be completed before attending AUT-3129A Safety Inspection or AUT-3129B Emission Inspection:
- View and download student lesson plans and PowerPoint materials.
- Before attending each course (even if you have taken a course at Durham Tech before), your employer will need to complete the most recent version of the LT-310 Mechanic Application form. It must be signed by the employer and the student. Students without the completed and signed form the first class day, will not be able to attend the course and will have to reschedule for the next available course section. The employer signature indicates their employee has general knowledge of motor vehicles.
NOTE: Upon successful completion of each 8-hour class, Durham Tech is required by DMV to mail/submit the original completed, LT-310 form to DMV district III. Any omissions will cause a delay in processing by the Durham Tech staff and the DMV.
- At the top, place an “X” next to “Add Employer.” You should also place an “X” next to “New or Renewal.” If working at additional employer stations, enter the station in the top right section.
- The Mechanic’s Information section must be completed and signed by the technician.
- The Employer Information section must be completed and signed by an official of the station.
- Upon successful completion of the class Durham Tech is required by the DMV to mail/submit the latest revision of the original, completed LT-310 form.
Newton (Building 4), Park in Lot H
1616 Cooper Street, Durham NC 27703
The class is located in room 4-162.
View the campus map and driving directions.