Nurse Aide II Continuing Education
Textbook (optional): North Carolina Nurse Aide II, Hegner, 2nd Ed. ISBN: 9781133440079
- High school diploma or high school equivalency.
- Completion of a Nurse Aide I course (minimum 100 hours).
- Current NC Nurse Aide I listing with no substantiated negative finding.
- Current BLS for Healthcare Provider card from the American Heart Association.
Students must provide proof of the following:
- Negative TB skin test within 6 months of the first day of class or a negative chest X-ray within the last 5 years.
- Measles, mumps, rubella, and varicella vaccine (or laboratory proof of immunity).
- Hepatitis B vaccine or completed vaccine declination form on file.
- Influenza vaccine (depending on season and facility).
Failure to submit the above immunizations may prevent the student from progressing to the clinical portion of the course.
Equipment and supplies
- Hunter green scrub shirt and pants
- White shoes with a closed heel
- Blood pressure cuff
- Transfer belt
- Watch with a second hand
Note: Registration must be completed in person or via fax with the required documentation submitted along with the registration form. The registration deadline is 5 days prior to the class start date.
The Nurse Aide II course qualifies for financial assistance. The grant deadline is 10 days prior to the class start date.
Students qualify for a free GoPass (bus pass) while taking this course.
Nurse Aide II Refresher
The Nurse Aide II Refresher is designed to assess and validate NA II skills competencies for individuals whose NA II certification expired within the past 24 months. All of the Nurse Aide II skills identified on the Nurse Aide II task list will be reviewed and assessed. The student's return demonstration of the skills must meet NC BON guidelines for proficient performance without prompting or assistance from the instructor. There is no clinical. After successful completion of the course students will be eligible for reinstatement on the NA II registry. 100% attendance is required.