Phlebotomy Continuing Education Program
Prerequisites and Requirements
These items are not covered in the course fee
- Proof of High School Diploma or high school equivalency
- Proof of the following immunizations are due at the time of registration: (two doses or positive titer MMR, Varicella; T/dap; Hep B series; Influenza/Flu (exempt for summer term only); and TB (annual TB test).
- Hunter green scrubs (tops and bottoms) and puncture resistant, closed toe shoes or sneaker (all white or all black)
- Criminal background check and drug screening which will be administered by Castle Branch at a cost of approximately $97. Do not do this on your own. Information will be provided at orientation once a student registers for a class.
- CPR class, textbook, and testing ($30). The textbook may be purchased or borrowed from the Durham Tech Library. Register for the class at Duke Street North or Orange County Campus. The class will be held at the Orange County Campus.
Program graduates may register for the certification exam on the National Healthcare Association (NHA) website. Two weeks prior to the end of the course, your instructor will distribute instructions on how to register and pay for the exam ($117). Students must pass the course with a 75 percent or better to sit for the NHA exam. Students cannot register for the exam if they have not passed the course.
The registration deadline is 5 days prior to the class start date. This course qualifies for financial assistance and the grant deadline is 10 days prior to the class start date.
Note: Since prerequisite documentation is required at the time of registration, online registration is not available. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis based on having all the prerequisite documentation at the time of registration.
If you have questions or need more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.