Alert: Durham Tech classes and support services are currently offered online, due to Coronavirus (COVID-19). Effective June 1, the College will expand access to some campus locations for urgent instruction or student services by approval only. Campuses will not be open to walk-in students or visitors.
Finish Line Grant Program
The Finish Line Grant program helps students complete their education when facing unforeseen challenges. In partnership with the Durham Workforce Development Board and the Regional Partnership Workforce Development Board, Durham Tech offers access to these funds for students who have completed at least 50 percent of their credit or noncredit program and are in good academic standing.
This grant provides a maximum of $1,000 per semester.
- Carefully review the information below.
- Schedule an appointment for an interview:
Resource Specialist/ Instructor, HRD
919-536-7200, ext. 4003
Director, Orange County Student Services
919-536-7200, ext. 4201
Academic Advisor/ Instructor, College Success
919-536-7200, ext. 4227
- Register with NCWorks online.
- If approved for consideration, students will be contacted to schedule an appointment for WIOA enrollment with NCWorks Career Center staff.
- After enrollment and approval for a Finish Line grant, the NCWorks Career Center Case Manager will continue to support grant recipients.
Durham County Residents: Students who are enrolled at Durham Tech in any credit certificate, diploma, or degree program, Gateway to College/Adult High School (at least 50 percent of HS credits completed), and High School Equivalency (at least 50 percent of testing completed).
Orange County Residents: Students who are enrolled at Durham Tech in any credit certificate, diploma, or degree program, with the exception of University Transfer programs (Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, Associate in Engineering, and Associate in Fine Arts).
Durham and Orange County Residents: The following noncredit programs are eligible:
- BioWork Plus
- Central Sterile Processing
- Certified Medical Administrative Assistant
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Dialysis Technician
- Electrical Line Technician
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Esthetician Technology
- FESTO Advanced Manufacturing 4.0
- Fire Academy
- Massage Therapy
- Welding Technology
- Have completed at least 50 percent of the credits/requirements for the specific credential.
- Be in good academic standing with a minimum 2.0 GPA or be on track to complete a noncredit credential.
- Be 18 years or older.
- Be a US citizen or authorization to work in the United States.
- Be in compliance with selective services requirements – male students.
Examples of Qualifying Events
- Unexpected medical expenses;
- Unexpected change in housing situation due to unforeseen circumstances;
- Unexpected lack of transportation;
- Loss of books, computer, or course supplies/equipment after the initial purchase due to unforeseen circumstances;
- Financial emergency
Note: Funds will not be distributed directly to the student but to the entity providing the service for the student.