Massage Therapy Continuing Education
- Full payment of $1,501.50 at the time of registration or
- First payment of $1,127.25 due at the time of registration, second payment of $374.25 for part II due at registration at semester break.
This course qualifies for financial assistance.
- Proof of age as 18 years or older
- Proof of a high school diploma (copy of diploma), GED (copy of diploma), or college transcript (official or unofficial)
- Attend an information session (preferred but not required)
- Proof of a current negative TB test (within six months)
- Proof of Hepatitis B immunization
A black uniform is required and black non-skid, rubber sole shoes.
Upon successful completion of the course, Durham Tech students are eligible to take the Massage and Bodywork Licensing Exam and apply for Licensure in North Carolina.
Candidates must pass both a content examination and a jurisprudence examination. Examination instructions state that in-state graduates must take the Massage Board Licensing Examination (MBLEx).
The MBLEx is administered by the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB). It is a multiple-choice examination, delivered via computer. Candidates can register online or submit their materials by mail. They should be prepared to remit a $195 fee. Approved candidates can schedule testing sessions through Pearson VUE; examinations are offered at testing sites around the nation.
The Durham Tech examination pass rate was 100 percent for April 20 - September 2, 2019!
Fall courses are full.
Please email Jacequeline Mitchell to be placed on the mailing list for 2020 courses.
North Carolina massage and bodywork licensure are governed by statutes, rules, and guidelines. View more information at the North Carolina Board of Massage & Bodywork Therapy web site. Individuals can verify information by contacting the Board.
The North Carolina Chapter of the American Massage Therapy Association is the state’s professional organization.
Visit the Massage Therapy Clinic! Anyone 18 and older can receive full body massages at a reduced cost. The Massage Therapy Clinic is staffed by Durham Tech Massage Therapy students, and students complete 100 percent of the work.
Note: Students are required to register in person since they must submit proof of prerequisites at the time of registration. Email Jacequeline Mitchell to set up an appointment.