SECU Bridge to Career Program
The SECU Bridge to Career Program was designed as a workforce education program to help remove financial barriers for students seeking to obtain state regulated or industry-recognized credentials.
- Be a US citizen and a NC resident.
- Be enrolled in a short-term training program that leads to a state-regulated or industry recognized credential that is offered through Durham Tech’s Continuing Education division.
- Not be a director, employee, or family member of an employee of SECU or the SECU foundation.
- Be one of the following:
- Unemployed or underemployed adult
- A member of the NC National Guard
- Military Veteran or spouse of a Veteran
- Underserved population in a specific workforce or area
How to Apply:
A selection committee will review all applications and select recipients. Submit the SECU Bridge to Career Program Application by the January 9, 2019 deadline. Please mail the above documents or deliver them in person to a Durham Tech location:
Please mail, scan and email, or deliver the above documents in person to a Durham Tech location:
- Main Campus Corporate Education Center
1637 Lawson Street, Durham, NC 27703
Phone: 919-536-7222, ext. 4011; Fax: 919-536-7277
- Orange County Campus
525 College Park Road, Hillsborough, NC 27278
Phone: 919-536-7238, ext. 4203; Fax: 919-536-7297
- Northern Durham Center
Snow Hill Road , Durham, NC 27712
Phone: 919-536-7240, ext.4405
Award recipients must consent to the release of their names and images for the publication of the NC Community College System Office, Durham Tech and its foundation, and SECU and its foundation. Recipients must also agree to provide testimonials for use by the aforementioned organizations at the completion of their course of study.